Poem: The City Art
The street of view-
the lights shined
throughout the texture
The fallen colors-
red, orange, and yellow
as the sunset set side
The boats and cars-
so white
so noisy
The clear water-
reflected the view
and the colors of rainbow
The night of dreams-
just peace
and beauty
Reflection: This haikus is inspired by a painting. I wrote the poem by describing how I felt about the painting, and what's on the painting. The literary devices used are stanza and alliteration.
Poem: Mother Wolf
The guardian of the night
With her sharp yellow eyes
So strong so selfless
She's on the board hunting like fearless
The tiny angels waiting at their cave
Cutest howls playing to be brave
Just cubs, but yet so soft and forceful
They are just the softest hostiles
The shadow of the woods
The one serching for piece goods
With the power of fallen scent
She is not going to be repent
Reflection: I wrote this poem describing a wolf family, since I love wolves and for fun. The literary devices used are stanza, alliteration, simile, rhyme, rhythm, and oxymoron.
Sonnet: New York City
She of the beautiful noisy city
The restless streets full of busy livings
Filled with buildings, diverse, communities
This place can not be such a misgiving
The night would be dark but with shiny stars
Bright yellow lights landscaping like landlord
This is the crowded city of ours
Under the heights there lived people adored
Trains, subways, buses, all working all day
The morning so shimmering so sunny
So much work and so much schools as we say
But it pays off as for life or money
I see this city as a starting life
She of the world no doubt full of surprise
Reflection: The poem is inspired by several other poems about New York that I've seen online. I wrote this poem to describe how living in New York is like. The literary devices used are alliteration, rhyme, rhythm, and simile.
Reading Response On Heart Poem:
A relaxing poem can calm people's thoughts and make their day. The poem, "Snow" by Naomi Shihab Nye brings the feeling of relax and contains several literary devices. I chose this poem because reading it, could wipe away the bad memories I'm thinking about at the moment.
The poem is about anjoying winter and spending time with your family. For example, "Ho! Look at him go!" (line 26) and "as if we were having a good time" (line 27) gives the poem a thrilling feeling, and how the author is having fun. Also, the imagary used makes the poem feel more thrilling and relazing, by describing the setting and situation. It shows how the author's feeling towards what's happening.
Overall, the poem is very creative and relaxing. What I liked about the poem is the use of literary devices, it makes it more interesting. This gives a sweet childhood feelings, and reminds me of the exciting things I went through. This poem inspires me to use a lot of literary devices and a lot of imagary when writing poems.
No comments:
Post a Comment